Berkeley brims with authentic experiences and activities to engage, expand, entertain, enthrall - sometimes even all of the above. Here are some topline suggestions on how to explore Berkeley like a local:
- Play with family friendly kid activities like the Adventure Playground or the Habitot Children’s Discovery Museum.
- Visit our UC Berkeley section for ideas on must-see sights while touring the Cal Berkeley campus.
- Experience a rich arts and culture scene by catching a show in the Downtown Arts District or admire visual art at the Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive.
- Stop by the Berkeley Visitor Information Center and allow our visitor specialists to share fun things to do and see while you are in town.
- Telegraph Avenue is in many ways the soul of Berkelely. It's also a district filled with great shops and restaurants. Take a walk with us!
- Tilden Park: As one of the East Bay Regional Park District’s “OG” parks, Tilden occupies a special place in the heart of many Berkeley residents, a symbol of the city’s accessibility to nature and commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Art Lovers: The Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is featuring an exhibit to match that promise in “Way Bay,” a sweeping new showcase that weaves together a complex web of artistic themes and mediums in an exploration of how the Bay Area’s artists have been influenced by the region and its people - and by each other.
- Fun With Science: Since long before STEM learning (science, technology, engineering and math) rocketed into the public consciousness, the Lawrence Hall of Science has been a favorite destination for Berkeley locals and visiting families.